Friday, March 4, 2016

CSM 11 Candidate Summary Part 2

At last the official candidates are up and a total of 53 candidates have been approved by CCP. Unfortunately my group candidate told me he's not running got me so T_T. Anyway I going to post my CSM Endorsement soon and continue my Mining series.

Should you want a second opinion of the candidates, the peeps of CSM Watch have group analysis of candidates. The last 3 analysis show have been uploaded and the links are as follow:

CSM Watch Analysis 4
CSM Watch Analysis 5
CSM Watch Analysis 6

If you missed my last review, here is the link.

So I going to slot candidates into 3 groups:
Recommended Candidates
Recommended to read up on them and consider them for your ballot. Likely your top half picks of your ballot
Safe Candidates
Depending on your playstyle, they might appeal to you but are not your top half picks for your ballot
Don’t Bother
Look at them if you have nothing else to do. No point in further investigation.

Recommended Candidates

Mr Hyde
Focus: Solo, Small Gang PvP, PL
Positives: Solo Pvp specialization, Realist, Battleship Meta Focus
Negatives: Split PL Vote
Verdict: Well respected even outside PL and well versed in PvP meta. Most likely to get CSM vote.

My Opinion: While 'frigate menace' gave me a chuckle, he shows that he understand issues stemmed from small ship-centric metas which many small groups like us faced every day (eg. cancer kite gamurs) Furthermore bringing back the battleship meta will allow Eve to have more chance of bigger scale fights; whilst not B-5RB esque but will keep players engaged.

Safe Candidates 

Toxic Yaken
Focus: Highsec, Wardec
Positives: Reasonable, Wardec
Negatives: No visible support base , ex-ganker
Verdict: His lack of visible support might be his undoing for getting elected to CSM

My Opinion: For a ex-ganker, I find him as a reasonable candidate despite my hatred against gankers. That being said there are better candidates than him with regards of wardec.

Jin’taan
Focus: Nullsec, Provi FC
Positives: FC experience, Capital Rebalance
Negatives: Narrow specialization compared to other prominent candidates
Verdict: Being the official Provi candidate along with Utari Onzo, he's probably going to get into CSM.

My Opinion: While I don't mind having Jin'taan on my ballot but his specialization is common among other candidates.

Joffy Aulx-Gao
Focus: Lowsec, Disability
Positives: Accessibility perspective from older/disabled players, Well-spoken
Negatives: Support might be lacking, CSM interview seems scripted due to accommodations
Verdict: Might get in depending on vote turnout.

My Opinion: Good candidate considering the median age of players are increasing.

Nashh Kadavr
Focus: Lowsec PvP, Community Events
Positives: E-sports focus, CCP- interactions
Negatives: Event Drama, Narrow focus on Events only
Verdict: Decent candidate but support might be lacking.

My Opinion: Good candidate but that IWANTISK drama and lack of support might be his undoing.

Utari Onzo
Focus: Provi FC, Lore, Logistics
Positives: Logistics, Capital Rebalance Lore-driven content
Negatives: Lore support lacking, Inexperience
Verdict: Might get into CSM depending on Provi vote turnout and lore support.

My Opinion: Best lore-related candidate with other specialization like logistics and capital rebalance

Sogor
Focus: Nullsec, Industrialist, Test Alliance pilot
Positives: PI interface focus, Neutral perspective
Negatives: Narrow specialization,
Verdict: If he get Test's support, he might make it.

My Opinion: Decent candidate with a balanced perspective how Eve works without marginalizing playstyles (eg. PvP and Miner symbiotic relationship)

Chiimera
Focus: Nullsec, Community Events, AUTZ
Positives: Event Focus, Well-liked
Negatives: Limited specialization, Grr Goon
Verdict: Depending on Goon vote turnout, he might make it but unlikely

My Opinion: Decent but too many AUTZ/Community Event candidates which might cannibalize their voting support

RF Gnaeus Crassus
Focus: Highsec, Logistics, Wardec
Positives: Logistics specialization, courier contracts revamp
Negatives: Entrenched view on ganking
Verdict: Unless he is able to gather support from logistics corps, he is not going get into CSM.

My Opinion: While having a doomsday equipped on a freighter to shoot back ganker might seems butt-hurt but it underscore the advantages of gankers have as well as the problems of wardec mechanics. With a potential relook in jump fatigue as well as wardec mechanics, he seems a safe candidate.

Capri Sun Kraftfoods
Focus: Nullsec, Small Gang, PvP, Logistics (Hauling)
Positives: Engagement Focus, Well liked
Negatives: Lacking support, better candidates, ex Is-boxer user
Verdict: Decent interview but might lack support

My Opinion: Think Vic Jefferson but with other specializations or focus and minus Grr Goon mentality. Safe candidate

Xavier Azabu
Focus: Small Corp/Alliance, Japan TZ
Positives: Unique perspective, Level headed
Negatives: No obvious support, not space famous
Verdict: Getting in hinged on his possible Asian/AU TZ connections

My Opinion: Depending on his TZ connections he may or may not get in.

Annexe
Focus: Graphics, Music, Nullsec PvP, AUTZ
Positives: Goon Support, Small ideas/ Neutral proponent
Negatives: Split Goon Vote, Scam Drama
Verdict: Unlikely but it really depends Goon vote turnout

My Opinion: Decent candidate despite the scam drama but unlikely to get in.

Niko Lorenzio
Focus: Highsec, Communications, NPE
Positives: Neutral perspective, Knowledgeable, realistic, Grr Nullsec bloc
Negatives: Lack of support, not space famous
Verdict: At most an outsider chance

My Opinion: Decent candidate but will not gather enough support to get in.

Tora Bushido
Focus: Highsec, Wardec
Positives: Wardec, Ganking focus
Negatives: Grr Marmite
Verdict: Having gone close at previous CSM election, he is probably the prominent wardec candidate should the mechanics being tweaked and likely to get in.

My Opinion: As much as I branded Marmite as the Goons of trade hubs ( CODE has the dubious honor of Goons of Highsec), Tora is a decent candidate and his wardec input is crucial with the upcoming citadel patch.

The Judge
Focus: Nullsec, PvP, Wardec
Positives: Goon Support
Negatives: Split Goon Vote, Narrow specialization
Verdict: Dependent on Goon vote turnout; Outsider chance

My Opinion: While there are information from eve-guardian, eve forum, I don't know him well enough to put him over Sullen Decimus.

Lorelei Ierendi
Focus: Highsec, Wardec, NPE
Positives: Wardec, Ganking focus
Negatives: Lack support, biased opinion regarding ganking
Verdict: Similar to last time, he has outsider chance of getting in.

My Opinion: Probably the 'victim' proponent of the wardec/ganking mechanics which I probably sympathize and might get in as a replacement for departing Mike Azariah.

Don’t Bother

Borat Guereen
Focus: Small Gang PvP
Positives: David vs Goliath, Limit Crest API exposure to 3rd party websites/apps
Negatives: Complicated CSM revamp, propose ideas contradict his campaign platform
Verdict: Not going to make it

My Opinion: While I applaud his 'David vs Goliath' determination but his complicated CSM revamp and coupled with his suggestions made me confused.

Viceran Phaedra
Focus: PVE, Small Corp/Alliances
Positives: Decent interview
Negatives: Xenuria reference, no obvious support
Verdict: Not going to make it.

My Opinion: Better luck next time as a 'jack of all trade' candidate with limited specialization is hard to get into CSM without any obvious support.

Erika Mizune
Focus: Disability, Industrialist, Logistics (Hauling), Community
Positives: PI interface focus, Accessibility perspective from older/disabled players
Negatives: Poor Interview, better industrial/disability candidates
Verdict: Poor interview might pushed the disability vote to Joffy and she might not get into CSM

My Opinion: As much as I want her in CSM, her ability to put her ideas in front of devs or aggressive CSM members doesn't give me much confidence.

Aryth
Focus: Nullsec, Economics
Positives: Goon Leadership, Economic specialization
Negatives: Aggressive, Possible Drama Source
Verdict: He will get in regardless so save your vote for others

My Opinion: Probably a Sion clone with economic specialization or a mynna.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the analysis. Very helpful. Btw, I'm a late entrant but I'm not discouraged about my chances. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the analysis. Very helpful. Btw, I'm a late entrant but I'm not discouraged about my chances. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete